
To the restaurant industry that is. But low and behold this week I have found myself embarking on a new adventure in a new restaurant. Obviously the economy has taken a steady decline this past year and subsequently so has my bank account. I had been contemplating for a while if I should find a new job. But doubt filled my mind as I heard about there being a scarcity of jobs in the valley and there was probably none to accomidate my college degree as well. Don't get me wrong, I have loved my two years of being a physical therapy aide and have made some great friends and have a great boss but this valley has a hard time paying college grads what they deserve. I had no choice but to go job searching. Maybe the Logan IHC hospital would have something, then I could at least stay within my degree. Then one day I drove down 14th North and discovered a building in the midst of going up. Hmmm, I wonder what that is. Weeks went by and finally a sign posted "Future Home of Texas Roadhouse". Oh I love that place and little Benny worked there and loved it too. Well how do I apply I thought, I guess I will just wait until a Now Hiring sign goes up on the work trailer in the parking lot. This past week it was up so I hurried in applied and had an interview Monday and TADA! I got the job. Most people dread going back to serving if they leave that industry but to tell you the truth I am so excited! I absolutely LOVE serving and especially meeting new people. Its a brand new restaurant in the valley so I think it is going to be pretty profitable which means my bank account in turn will go up! They are only open for dinner which means I get to spend all day with my little rascal! This is gonna be good. Oh and thank you Cache Valley for growing and prospering enough to be able to welcome this new opportunity into the valley!
5 comments:
yay! i know you love serving so that will be fun for you, plus you get to hang all day with the little rascal..what a treat! I am happy for ya zeeb, and those rolls are just heavenly (its the only thing i have sampled from there..but well worth it)..lucky you!
Good for you, Liz. We are happy for ya! And I'm happy your comment section to your blog is working now :)
Ya know what's funny? I am in (or will be very soon) a similar situation...I have a college degree but can't really use it at this time. And there's a Texas Roadhouse up the street that I've been contemplating applying at when the baby gets a little older, so I loved when I read that you got a job there and found that they are only open for dinner. That's perfect! Good luck with the new job! I'm sure it's going to be great.
Dude, I would LOVE to serve again.
i hope my bank account goes up as well! I'm excited to start working! (not so excited about those weird EFY games yesterday, but whatev!)
Post a Comment