Friday, March 5, 2010

Yeah, we go all out up here in Logan



Last month on the seventeenth Luke was recognized at a dinner put on by the Huntsman School of Business. It was real exciting seeing that it gave us an excuse to have a date night without the little Jace man. We got all spiffied up and dropped Jace off at grandma Lancaster's. We hurried up to the school and when we arrived were given a name badge and everything. I felt cool. It started out with appetizers which ended up being dinner too and then the program consisted of a couple students explaining their research on stuff that was way over my head, the school President giving his remarks and Luke standing up and being introduced and recognized in front of a bunch of important old people and me. I was a proud wife. He looked so good and I was thinking to myself that I should probably get used to this attention because he is a man of determination. He loves what he does and loves the people he works with (the first picture). As an added bonus of sitting through this 2 hour reception we then went to the USU basketball game against Lousiana Tech. The game started at nine because it was telecasted on Espn. It was a good night out and we had fun just being the crazy couple we are living it up on the big town of Logan. On another note Jace is finally starting to say momma more than dadda. Yes, maybe it is my time to have a momma's boy :) Another thought, ever since I was little I have always been surrounded with great men and today is no different. Being a wife and mother is very rewarding and now I can see what my mom was talking about all those years.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Congratulations, Liz and Luke. We are happy for you. By the way, you look lovely in the 2nd picture down :>

Home said...

what a babe you are, and that is so awesome for luke! Im glad he found something he loves and excels at it. any word on the internships or how long you have to wait to find out?

Dan said...

Congrats, E'rybody!

melissa said...

Liz, you're such a supportive wife and Luke is lucky to have you! Sounds like everything is going well and I can't wait to hear about where you guys will be in the summer. Keep me posted! Love ya!